Is linen bedding a good choice for a children’s bedroom? Yes of course! Sleep has a huge impact on your baby’s health and well-being. When it wakes up refreshed, it can start a new day with a positive energy, but after a sleepless night it will be cranky, tired and irritable. That is why it is so important that the children’s bed is as comfortable as possible, starting with the mattress, through the quilt, pillows, and ending with the bedding. And here comes the natural, delicate linen!
Linen bedding – why is it popular?
Linen bedding has gained a lot in popularity in recent years. Perfect for children and adults, allergy sufferers and sensitive people – no wonder that it is currently number one on the market. Surely you are wondering why? The answer is simple. Linen materials are airy, natural and do not irritate the skin, and linen bedding is pleasant to the touch, visually attractive and has health-promoting properties
A brief history of linen
Linen is a natural fabric appreciated by people for hundreds of years. Moreover, according to historians and archaeologists, it is one of the oldest materials known to mankind. The first flax fibers were found in Georgia, in a prehistoric cave and although the date cannot be precisely determined, we know that they are about 35,000 years old! Don’t you think it’s a perfect proof of the durability of flax products?
But let’s get back to history. In Egypt, flax was used for mummification because, according to the beliefs of the local civilization, it symbolized purity and light. It was a luxury commodity, unavailable to the common people and the poor, and at the same time sought after by the upper, wealthy social classes. In Europe, it gained popularity thanks to Ireland – this is where the European cradle of linen fabric production is located.
Currently, linen is adored by clothing brands – especially those that focus on an elegant and comfortable style. Although the price of linen clothes and other textiles can be high, they compensate every penny with their quality, durability and the fact that they are so skin-friendly. However, the biggest advantage of linen is its health-promoting properties – and that is why linen bedding is a good choice for a children’s bedroom.
Linen bedding for your child – health-promoting properties
As already mentioned, linen bedding have a beneficial effect on health. Especially children feel great in bedding with linen covers, due to the delicate and sensitive skin of children. Linen does not cause allergies, does not contribute to the appearance of rashes and other irritations, therefore it is recommended especially for infants. You can be sure that artificial fabrics will never provide your child with such comfort as linen bedding.
What are the greatest benefits of linen?
- It is a natural fabric,
- does not cause skin irritation,
- is hypoallergenic, airy, delicate and durable,
- absorbs moisture,
- keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter.
How to care for linen bedding?
Linen material does not have any special requirements, so it does not cause much trouble during care. It is enough to stick to a few simple rules and linen will last for many years. Do you need our tips? Here’s how to properly care for this type of fabric:
- Wash bed linen separately and pay attention to the colors when sorting.
- Always turn the linen pillowcases inside out.
- If you do not choose to hand wash, select a cycle designed for delicate fabrics in the washing machine.
- The washing temperature should not exceed 40 ° C.
- To avoid the deformation of the material, do not wring it out.
- Use only mild detergents – too strong agents may weaken the fabric.
- After washing, shake off and hang the bedding.
- You can tumble dry linen, but you need to be especially careful. We recommend outdoor drying – on the balcony or in the garden.
- Avoid ironing. If you have to do this, iron moist items quickly and at high temperatures.
Linen bedding is the best choice for a children’s bedroom
Proper sleep is of great importance for the development of your child – thanks to it, it can regenerate his strength at night and play and learn during the day. We want every child to receive the comfort they deserve, so we decided to expand our range and offer linen bedding perfect for a child’s bedroom. Order pillowcases today and enjoy a healthy sleep for your child (and your own – when you sometimes fall asleep reading a bedtime book 😉).
Babies can sleep up to 15 hours a day. At least those are the statistics. Of course, almost every parent knows those moments when a child, instead of sleeping, prefers to whine and cry. The legend that you won’t sleep an hour in the first year of having children didn’t come out of nowhere. However, regardless of whether the child loves naps or prefers to wake up at night, sleep is extremely important in his life. Therefore, it is equally important to choose the right cot.
Baby cot – how to choose the right one?
Choosing a baby cot is one of the first things new parents face. If it’s another child, the purchase is usually easier. It looks a little more difficult if you are a first-time parent. Then you face the challenge – you need to read all the articles on the Internet, all the parenting guides and every single piece of information about baby cots.
Okay, we’re kidding. The truth is, the more you read about the same topic, the more confusing you get. So it’s good that you came to us. We hope that with our tips, choosing a baby cot will be quick and painless for you, and maybe even quite pleasant. After all, it is a great joy to get ready to become a new family member.
How not to choose a baby cot
Many parents fall into a kind of fairy-tale loop. Wanting to provide their children with the best, they buy with their eyes when they are tempted by advertisements on TV, newspapers and the Internet. They want the most beautiful room for their child, because their baby is also the most beautiful. And there is nothing wrong with that – the birth of a child is often the most important moment in life.
However, it is difficult to avoid advertising traps at this time. But since you are reading this article, you want to get ready to buy. And it works to your advantage. So see what you shouldn’t do when choosing a baby cot:
- Don’t just be driven by the price. While a cheap crib is not necessarily of poor quality, absolutely don’t put the financial issue first. If you do so, you can pay a much higher amount in the future, when it turns out that the cot needs repair or complete replacement. If you see a piece of furniture at a price that is right for you, check it carefully before making a purchase. Also, see what the aftermarket has to offer – a second-hand crib can also be great!
- Do not use without checking the product. If the crib is wooden, check it carefully. No splinter is allowed to endanger your baby. The surfaces must be perfectly smooth, finished down to the smallest detail, without protruding parts and without moving parts. The same applies to all other materials the furniture is made of.
- Don’t forget about safety. A cot for a baby must be completely safe, which means that each material used in its production is to have all the necessary approvals, and its construction should not pose a threat. Therefore, before you are tempted by the original color of the furniture, first check with what varnishes or paints it has been painted. Choose classic cots with rungs – they will not only ensure safety, but also help later when the child starts to get up.
- Don’t underestimate the mattress. Its quality determines whether your baby will sleep comfortably, but also whether its bones will develop properly. An uncomfortable mattress can cause many sleepless nights (for you and your baby) and back problems in the future. We will write more about choosing a mattress in the next article – follow our blog!
- Don’t make your choices just by appearance. Of course, we know that you would like to put a piece of furniture in your home that will blend in beautifully with the rest of the decor. Ideally, it should also be elegant, designer and original. But I guess you realize that in this case, appearance matters the least? First of all, look at the safety of materials and construction, quality of workmanship and usability, and then what the furniture looks like. However, we hope you will find a crib that suits your tastes.
How to get to Narnia if the room is missing a wardrobe? This situation cannot be allowed to happen! Therefore, give your child a decent, magical wardrobe. Even if there will be no transition to the land of the Lion and the White Witch, perhaps your child will find another, mysterious world there? Well, it’s time to look for the right piece of furniture. We will be happy to help you!
Does the child need a wardrobe in the room?
Your baby needs a wardrobe as much as you do. After all, in the wardrobe you hide mainly clothes. Do you think your child doesn’t have as many clothes as an adult? You must be kidding. You forget that you don’t need to change five times a day. Especially when the spring mud reigns in the field … The pile of dirty children’s clothes grows in direct proportion to the number of puddles in front of your house. Really! Therefore, to the question: do I need a wardrobe in a children’s room? – we answer: of course You do!
We will say more – the moment you realize that your little one’s things are starting to fall out of the chest of drawers is a sign that your child is growing up. And that’s when you get a special task from fate: the purchase of a suitable wardrobe. One that will fit all your clothes and a couple of ten-year-olds playing hide and seek.
How to choose a wardrobe for a child’s room?
Are you wondering how to choose a wardrobe for your child? Here are some of our tips that you should pay attention to:
- Security. A wardrobe for a child’s room should be, above all, safe. And it is not only about the high quality of the materials used in production. A safe wardrobe is, above all, one that will not tip over on the the child. Toddlers quickly begin to walk and then climb on the furniture. Even the quite smooth ones! Don’t give credit to any closet, no matter how stable it is. Always screw it to the wall.
- Size. A wardrobe for a child should actually be for it – that is, adapted to the height of your child. Arranging clothes on the shelves by yourself teaches responsibility and keeping order. The upper shelves can be reserved for less used outfits, e.g. Christmas ones, costumes, as well as for a change of winter and summer clothes.
- Appearance. The child’s environment significantly influences its development. Even such a prosaic piece of furniture as a wardrobe can inspire a child to play, interest and attract attention for longer. Therefore, choose a piece of furniture with an unusual design. Aesthetic, nice equipment will turn a child’s room into a safe, cozy haven. After all, it is no pleasure to live in a room where the monster in the closet haunts from a dark corner.
- Colors. Bright furniture in pastel shades is the best choice for a child’s room. Warm colors of wood are a perfect match. Or you can choose timeless white, but in that case, buy washable pens for kids. Then the white wardrobe will last a little longer 😊
- Quality of materials. When buying a wardrobe for a child, first check that it was created in accordance with all standards. Trust proven materials and always make sure that the equipment has all safety approvals.
- Originality. Avoid chain stores, bet on small businesses and private stores. This increases your chances of finding an original, handmade wardrobe made of high-quality materials.
Is a baby wardrobe only for storing clothes?
We don’t know about you, but we love wardrobes. You can fit so much in there! We would most like to spend our days shifting clothes from shelf to shelf. Unfortunately, we have to work, so we leave such games to our kids. And they can make the closet a home entertainment center! That is why we know that a wardrobe in a children’s room is very much needed. And it will even be useful sometimes – I still remember the day when my mother-in-law came to visit me unannounced and I had to hide the whole children’s mess in a split second …
The wardrobe is a universal piece of furniture – a place to store and hide, a space to play and a pleasant element of interior design. You can’t underestimate the importance of a wardrobe in your child’s life. Therefore, if you plan to arrange a children’s room, add it to your shopping list. We recommend online stores – after all, we are one of them ourselves. Check the PEEKABOO wardrobe and the one from the ROOF collection. You will surely fall in love. We are waiting for orders!
Probably everyone at least once in his life set his New Year’s resolutions. You definitely too. The New Year is the perfect time for changes. It encourages people to leave old sorrows behind their backs and to move energetically towards the new. That is why gyms are full in January and dietary products disappear faster from store shelves. We, however, have a completely different idea for a New Year’s resolution. What? In 2021, we will arrange a new room for a child! Will you join us?
New children’s room for the New Year!
The decision to redecorate a child’s room is not only a great challenge for you, but also a great gift for your child. Children’s room is a place to play, learn and rest. It is important to choose the right children’s furniture and arrange the space so that the child feels comfortable and safe. After all, your own room is the place where your child spends the most time.
How to arrange a room for a child?
The children’s room should be arranged in such a way that your child feels good in it. Therefore, if you plan to repaint the walls, choose his favorite colors. Divide the room into clear zones: play, study and rest. If the room is small, use smart solutions for small spaces.
Also, remember to choose the size of children’s furniture appropriately. Children should have easy access to all the clothes, toys and other items they need. If he is able to take a T-shirt out of the closet or put books away on a shelf, he will learn to be independent faster.
What furniture for a child’s room?
Every, even the craziest arrangement, cannot do without some basic elements of the children’s room decor. Furniture that should definitely be in a children’s room is:
A chest of drawers, a comfortable armchair, a bookcase or shelves on the walls and of course a lot of accessories will also be useful. With their help, even without a thorough renovation, you can completely change a child’s room.
Properly selected furniture will make a child’s room a wonderful dreamland. On the market you will find a lot of furniture for children that impress not only with functionality, but also with beautiful designs. Choose those that, apart from fulfilling their basic functions, will also support the child’s creativity and help develop their imagination.
Choose furniture for a child’s room from our ROOF collection if you appreciate fancy shapes and magic hiding places. A bed with a hood, encourage for creative fun not only your child, but also you! You can also choose a minimalist Peekaboo collection with a hint of mystery and design a cozy, comfortable interior in which your child will want to sit for hours! And if you are wondering which chest of drawers for a child to choose, check out our previous article.
A room for a child – safety comes first!
When arranging a children’s room, always remember to put safety first. Even the most beautiful piece of furniture can be an unpleasant disappointment, so check beforehand that the materials used in the production certainly do not pose a threat to your child.
Kutikai children’s furniture is handmade, in compliance with all safety standards. The materials used in the production are of the highest quality and have the necessary approvals. This furniture is solid, stable and easy to assemble at the same time. You can easily assemble them yourself at home.
No more boring furniture for your child!
Children’s room is supposed to be a place full of inspiration! Therefore, give up boring, repetitive patterns and bet on new ideas. Maybe it will be a bed with a hood? Or maybe a chest of drawers with a secret hole? Whatever you choose, your child will surely be satisfied with the makeover of the room. And you will have great satisfaction. That is why it is worth keeping the New Year’s resolutions!
You buy a layette before the baby is born, so it would seem that you can do it quickly, easily and with pleasure. Nothing could be more wrong. Choosing the right layette for many parents caused a headache. How to avoid this and prepare well for the arrival of a new family member? We’ll tell you right away.
Layette for a child – safety is the most important
First of all, you need to consider what is the key issue when choosing equipment for your newborn baby. Will it be a convenience? Quality? Suitable design? None of these things. There is one basic criterion that you must ALWAYS consider first, safety.
It is not possible for your child to use equipment that does not meet the most stringent safety requirements. Always check whether the children’s accessories you choose have the appropriate approvals or certificates and whether they are made of appropriate materials. This way, your baby will be safe and you will be calm.
What to pay attention to when buying a layette for a child?
Once you have checked whether the selected equipment is safe, you can consider other aspects. Pay attention to the price-quality ratio, comfort and appropriate design.
- Value for money
When you care about something, you easily fall into the trap of “the more expensive the better”. Remember that the price depends on many factors. You should not save on baby equipment, but it is always worth considering what you are really paying for – for excellent quality or maybe for a popular brand? The same applies to an exceptionally favorable price. Good materials, safety certificates, tests – it all costs money. If the price is too low, the product may not meet your expectations. Therefore, when choosing a layette for a child, be guided not so much by the highest or lowest price, but above all the price-quality ratio.
It is obvious that when a child is comfortable, their quality of life increases. We have already written about how a good mattress affects a child’s sleep. Therefore, if you are buying a crib, for example, check the mattress first. Remember that your child will spend a significant amount of their time on it.
Appropriate design is a very important aspect of children’s equipment. A child develops an aesthetic sense from an early age. Surrounding it with nice things will help develop a sense of beauty. It is also important that children’s equipment has elements encouraging creativity. Sometimes even an ordinary little hole in the place of the handle will make the child find inspiration for new games.
What is included in the layette for a child?
You already know that a baby layette should be, above all, safe, comfortable, nice and preferably at a good price. But what specific things do you need to get started?
Think about the crib first. We recommend you a comfortable, safe crib from the Peekaboo collection, which “grows” with your child! You can adjust the height level, adapting them to the current needs of your child. The minimalist design will suit any room, and the quality of the materials will make the furniture last for a long time.
A changing table will also be useful for the children’s room. This is a convenient option for mom and comfortable for the baby. Bet on light and mobile equipment to be able to take it with you anywhere in the house. Our changing table from the Peekaboo collection is aesthetic, safe and functional. It is easy to clean and weighs little. It perfectly fits the chest of drawers and a bed from the same collection.
Parenting is a big change!
You can read hundreds of guides, follow thousands of blogs and watch countless programs on TV, but the arrival of a child will still be a whole new situation for you. You will never be able to prepare 100% for parenting, because your child will find a way to surprise you.
When you become a parent, everything you knew and thought so far turns upside down. There are, however, a few things you can prepare before your baby arrives in the world to make your life easier. One of them is a decent layette, so make careful decisions and buy only those things that you have full confidence in.
“I’m bored!” – if you are a parent, you have heard these words hundreds of times. What to do when you want your child to have fun? Remember that simple ideas are best because they stimulate the imagination and develop creativity. Use our tips and give your child great fun. Or maybe you will decide to join you kid?
Paper not only for drawing
A plain sheet of paper inspires many games. You can draw, paint and paste on it. You can fold airplanes and origami. You can make cutouts and cards. And you can also… make sounds out of it! It is enough to take care of the silence in the room and a pile of paper. Blow, fan and shake the cards together with your baby. Put them on the floor and tap the paper together with your fingertips. Hit with your whole hands – does this sound remind you of something? Check what the paper sounds like when you crimp it, and how when you tear it to pieces. Finally, crumple all the pages and have a paper snowball fight – perfect fun even in the middle of summer!
Bet on board games
Board games are great entertainment for long evenings. If you are bored with the ones you have at home, make your own! All you need is a large sheet of paper, crayons, stickers and markers. Think of the rules together, draw a board, think about what to make pawns from. Then play by modifying the rules as the game unfolds!
Playing with music is great!
There are many musical games that can keep a child occupied for hours. However, when you get bored of dancing, fitness, fashion shows and mini playback shows, try to look at the music from a different angle and create your own melodies! But not with a guitar, flute or keyboard. Hit the pots, lids, pans and spoons. Fill the boxes with buttons and fill glasses with water. And play – as beautiful as you can.
Make your own base
Children love to hide. Hiding places give them a sense of security and comfort, so create a unique base for your child. You need chairs, a blanket and battery lights. All you need to do is spread the blanket over the chairs and hang lamps inside. A base prepared in such a way is an enchanted hollow, castle dungeons and a hut in the forest! You can also use furniture from ours Roof Collection – models with a visor are perfect as a home hideout.
The floor is lava
You surely remember this game from your childhood. It is fabulously simple. You only need legs, furniture and a floor. See how long your child can move around the house without going to the ground. Pump up the fun by adding your own rules. Which piece of furniture is allowed only once? At what point can you change your position? Set up a lava obstacle race in your apartment and see who will be the fastest!
Playing with children – ideas
Even the most interesting toys and the best electronic gadgets will never replace your presence. Use our ideas or try your own to spend great time with your child while having fun. This is how your most beautiful memories will be made.